Don’t look this gift horse in the mouth. There’s a free museum admission day this coming Saturday, and you may pick from 16 participating Bay Area museums – including Chabot Space & Science and the Exploratorium.
All you need to do is register online for an admissions card, and bring the printed admission with you on Saturday. Each card is good for you and a guest, or else one per household.
Here are all the Bay Area museums where the free admission will be honored. Just click on the museum websites below and decide which place would appeal to you most:
- Bedford Gallery – Walnut Creek
- Blackhawk Museum – Danville
- Cartoon Art Museum of California – San Francisco
- Chabot Space & Science Center – Oakland
- Contemporary Jewish Museum – San Francisco
- Coyote Point Museum for Environmental Education – San Mateo
- Exploratorium – San Francisco
- Hiller Aviation Museum – San Carlos
- Lacis Museum of Lace and Textiles – Berkeley
- Lindsay Wildlife Museum – Walnut Creek
- Museum of Craft and Folk Art – San Francisco
- Museum of the African Diaspora (MoAD) – San Francisco
- San Mateo County History Museum – Redwood City
- SF Camerawork – San Francisco
- Sun Gallery, Hayward Area Forum of the Arts – Hayward
- Zeum: San Francisco’s Children’s Museum – San Francisco
We like that the Smithsonian Magazine sponsors this freebie, all over the country. It’s a great way to spend a few hours on a Saturday, soaking in a little curated culture.