As a local blog, we get to see the search terms that people use to find us and they reveal many interests. Someone visited Today in Montclair yesterday, after googling: Why live in Montclair?
I’m imagining that this searcher is deciding to move to Montclair Village, because it seems like a strange thing for a current villager to search online.
For all you wanna-be Montclarions, you need to hear from us (and not your realtors). Here are some of the pros and cons of our place:
- Still has folks who have been here forever
- Still aspires to Berkeley intellectualism
- Still feels like a village, but has a canine mayor
- Still has a dress code of sweats and t-shirts
- Still lets driven people hide in plain sight
- Not where hipsters mingle or thrive, like in SF or DTO
- Not a normal family spot with garage, flat lawn and 2.5 kids
- Not immune from city ills, as you need to lock up
- Not quite the city, as wild animals may eat your cats
- Not well known like Peninsula or Contra Costa suburbs
Recently I went to an Oakland blogger meet-up which attracted everyone who writes about our faire city. I still felt a little cowered by the cool factor, but was welcomed to the fray – and think that’s really the reason for being here.