Monday is the final day to register to vote! Just complete this form and mail it by tomorrow. Or register in person at the Alameda County Registrar’s office, which stays open until midnight Monday – at 1225 Fallon Street, G-2, Oakland (map).
On the national front: We have the privilege of voting for the 44th U.S. president, and this matters even though we’re a “done-deal” state which supports Obama over McCain.
California’s still an important financing whistle stop. Yesterday, Veep candidate Joe Biden collected a reported $2.3 million at Atherton, Piedmont and Sea Cliff events for the Democratic National Committee – all in a day’s work.
- Measure OO – Oakland Fund For Children and Youth Act – League of Women Voters Says No
- Measure N – Outstanding Teachers for All Oakland Students Act – No Position By League
- Measure NN – 2008 Oakland Police Services Expansion Measure – No Position By League
- Measure VV – Alameda County, AC Transit Parcel Tax Measure – League Says Yes
- Measure WW – Alameda County, East Bay Regional Park Bond Measure – League Says Yes
- At Large Councilmember – No Selection By League
There’s no doubt that Montclarions chat and clearly care about local issues like community services, kids, teachers, cops, transportation and parks. Make sure you have registered, so you can cast your ballot on November 4th.